Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rocky Mountaineer Vacations first official run to Quesnel

I seem to be a little obsessed with trains. Not that you will ever be able to tell.

I took over 400 photos relating to Rocky Mountaineer Vacations finally arriving in Quesnel on it's new Fraser Discover route. It was quite the event and I caught the train in Quesnel as well as Williams Lake.

The whole event was quite fun.

This picture is the RMV train in Williams Lake. You can see Signal Point in the background.

This is, of course, the Williams Lake train station. I was lucky I caught the train. We were driving along to Quesnel and I hadn't realized the train had stopped briefly. Long enough for me to get ahead of it and get a pile of photos.

And of course, here is the same train arriving later in Quesnel. I got a couple of cool photos in between at the copper loading terminal just north of McLeese Lake. I'll post those tomorrow.

No comments: