Friday, May 05, 2006

First graffiti captured

I headed out late this afternoon to the railyard to see what there was for graffiti. There was almost nothing, except for one car with a couple of big paintings.

I checked out the locations with easy access and I think I discovered something. The boxcars are kept closer to the terminal, while the industrial product cars are kept further away. I guess this has to do with security. It's the boxcars I'm looking for too. The industrial cars generally aren't very good for graffiti. You need nice flat sides.

Both of these pieces were on the same car. It was a bit of a hike down the hill to get to them, and back up. I didn't want to drive in. The CN police are pretty uptight about that sort of thing. They've been uptight about people walking or biking near the tracks too. I'd take my chances with them if I was biking or walking rather than the no-sidewalk road.

These pieces aren't the most spectacular, but the one was not bad. Kind of a multi-coloured camouflage idea. What do they say? No idea, but maybe I'll figure it out at some point. :)

No comments: